This list is not yet complete. The OpenKiosk system still contains new undocumented features that will be listed here in the near future.
For end users
- - Kiosk-mode User Interface
- - Auto switch between Kiosk-Mode User Interface and standard desktop
- - Prepaid access and membership access
- - Remote logoff, shutdown, and messaging
- - Customizable login dialog text
- - Detailed features and instructions in KDE client and Windows client documentation.
- - Remote viewing of network status from an external location using a web browser
- - Blowfish-encrypted settings
- - Delegation of configuration tasks to operators using access control lists
- - Grouping of workstations according to program access
- - See NodeView documentation update for a detailed list of some of the new features.
- - The network protocol is now XML-RPC. It is now possible to construct platform-independent appliances that interface to the OpenKiosk network by accessing the pre-defined XML-RPC methods. Creating custom clients that adhere to the OpenKiosk protocol can now be easily done.